Monday, April 21, 2014

Mount Apo


Mount Apo National Park Philippines
The Makilala traverse Kidapawan Trail


Budget:
2000 pesos - Fare(Davao City to Makilala, Kidapawan to Davao City), Food, Registration (650pesos) and Porter/Guide Fee for 4 days
2000 pesos - Additional Food, Gears Allowance (if you don't have yet)

Personal Things Needed:
Warmers, Shoes, Bags...

Prescribed Weight of Bag for Girls:
7-8 Kilos if you want to feel the Dora Thing

Our scheduled climb was during holyweek, April 16-20, 2014. We reserved one day for travel to Makilala for a preclimb orientation. They have this policy of, "No orientation, No climb". Then spent a night in New Israel our jump off.

I have nothing but good words to what I experienced. The journey to Mount Apo's peak was never easy. We were almost frozen in our way to Mt. Zion from first campsite in Makalangit. And almost most gave up in 90 degrees trail to the peak. But nature's way of comforting me is worth every effort and struggle. Now I understand why it is majestic and why people who have experienced climbing here always wanted to come back. Priceless!

Just contact me if you need more information on this climb. ^_^ 

The Enchanted Mt. Zion - I was mesmerized!
On the Way to Lake Venado
The Avengers: My Freelance Climber Friends




No comments:

Post a Comment