Thursday, March 6, 2014

Daet, Camarines Norte


Daet is the capital town of the province of Camarines Norte, Philippines. This is where Bicol Region (Region V) begins. The town is quite industrialized though the feel of the province is still there. And nearby towns are mostly in agricultural land.

Most of my father side relatives live here. Since all my life I have been only living in the southern part of the Philippines, I was really glad to visit this place. The sad part was I got to visit to be in my grandfather’s twins’ funeral. I hope next time; I can visit for a vacation.
How to get here:

By Land: From Manila, take bus bound for Daet. Fare is around 700 pesos and travel time is about 8 hours via Quezon Province.

By Air: The nearest commercial airport is in Naga, Camarines Sur. From Manila, take and 40-minute plane ride to Naga. Take a bus, fare is around 140 pesos, or public van with fare around 190 pesos to Daet, travel time is 2 hours.  

From: Google Map


No comments:

Post a Comment